If you are suffering from sleep issues you are not alone. Nightly, millions of Americans have trouble falling or staying asleep. Age, unhealthy habits, medications and underlying conditions all contribute to interrupted sleep.
Most of us don’t think about the long-term impact of poor sleep. A lack of adequate sleep has been shown to be associated with cardiovascular disease, neurological issues and a weakened immune system. Simply put, when you don’t sleep well you are at greater risk of getting sick or dying.
CBD Hemp Oil and Sleep. Can it Help?
Hemp derived cannabinoids like CBD are unique in their ability to interact with the Endocannabinoid System (ECS). As the primary homeostatic regulator of human physiology, the endocannabinoid system (ECS) plays a major role in the sleep-wake cycle and other issues affecting sleep.
The body produces its own cannabis-like substances called endocannabinoids. It has been theorized that many health conditions may be caused by a simple deficiency of endocannabinoids. Luckily, with the legalization of hemp, we can all now supplement our own production of endocannabinoids, with non-intoxicating phytocannabinoids like CBD.
Levels of our endocannabinoids rise and fall in line with our circadian rhythms, showing that the ECS is related to basic physiology of sleep. By keeping our ECS in balance, we encourage our bodies to be more in tune with our sleep/wake cycle.
CBD can be used by itself or in conjunction with other cannabinoids, nutraceuticals and other botanicals for some extra zzz’s. We have created a number of bundles featuring popular sleep aids. While there is no one size fits all solution for everyone’s CBD needs, even an individual’s needs can change for day to day. That’s why we created “Add on” sleep bundle so you can adjust your use as needed. Here are some general guidelines for suggested use.
CBD Hemp Oil
CBD hemp oil can be taken as a tincture or capsule. While full spectrum products may be the preferred choice for a complete synergy of all the cannabinoids working together known as the “entourage effect”, broad spectrum CBD products that are THC-free can used just as well. Many also find the Quicksilver Scientific Liposomal delivery system useful for a swift up take of their hemp extract and other nutraceuticals and botanicals.
- Take 15-30 mg of your favorite Full Spectrum or Broad Spectrum CBD hemp oil 30 minutes before bed. If you are new to using CBD, start off with a small amount and work you way up slowly to a usage that work for you.
- Alternatively, if you are using Quicksilver Scientific Full Spectrum or Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract, take 1-4 pumps 30 before bed.
- If you prefer taking a capsule, Overcome Every Night CBD capsules contain a unique formulation of cannabinoids for a restful night’s sleep.
- Combine your favorite CBD hemp oil or capsule with a sleep aid such as CBN, Melatonin or PharmaGABA.
If you need a little extra assistance falling asleep try adding in one or a combination of the following sleep aids:
Like CBD and THC, CBN (cannabidiol) is another cannabinoid found in the hemp plant. Similar to CBD, CBN has several of the same effects in the body, including relieving pain, reducing inflammation, and most notably is used for improving sleep.
Cannabinol (CBN) gives the body a relaxed sensation. It has more effect on sleep when compared to other cannabinoids, but works better with in the presence of other cannabinoids. Slumber CBN can be taken with your favorite CBD product or use their 3:1 Full Spectrum CBD:CBN tincture.
- Slumber CBN tincture or capsule – Take it along with your favorite CBD hemp oil product. The general usage is 10 mg of CBN (1 dropperful or 1 capsule).
- Slumber 3:1 CBD:CBN tincture. The general usage is 1 dropperful (25 mg CBD: 10 mg CBN). Adjust up or down ½ – 1 dropperful as needed.
- Combine CBN with your favorite CBD hemp Oil or use their 3:1 CBD:CBN tincture.
- Use either of these options with an additional sleep aid such as Melatonin, LipoCALM, Synergies SP and/or ENDO Sleep.
Melatonin is the main hormone that regulates the body’s the sleep-wake cycle. While the body produces it naturally, you can take a supplement for occasional sleeplessness. Supplementing with melatonin and CBD together rebalance and restore the body to its natural rhythm helping you sleep better.
- Quicksilver Scientific Liposomal Melatonin allows for rapid absorption making it possible to use less to adjust to your needs. Take 1-4 pumps with you favorite CBD hemp oil.
- Combine with your favorite CBD Hemp Oil, Slumber CBN tincture or capsule, Slumber 3:1 CBD CBN tincture and/or LipoCALM.
GABA is the body’s premier ‘calm and connect, rest and repair’ neurotransmitter. Supplementing with naturally sourced PharmaGABA has been shown to promote relaxation, reduce the time to fall asleep, and increase time spent in deep sleep.
- Quicksilver Scientific LipoCALM is a blend of PharmaGABA and tranquil botanicals including skullcap, passionflower and chamomile flower oil. . Take 1-4 pumps with you favorite CBD hemp oil as needed.
- Combine with your favorite CBD Hemp Oil, Slumber CBN tincture or capsule, Slumber 3:1 CBD CBN tincture and/or Melatonin.
CBD Synergies SP
Quicksilver Scientific CBD Synergies SP is a blend of liposomal full spectrum hemp extract along with the calming neurotransmitter PharmaGABA and tranquil botanicals including skullcap, passionflower and chamomile flower oil and a small amount of melatonin.
- Take 1-4 pumps 30 minutes before bed.
- Although Quicksilver Scientific CBD Synergies SP is meant to be a stand alone product, it can be combined with your favorite CBD Hemp Oil, Slumber CBN tincture or capsule, Slumber 3:1 CBD CBN tincture and/or additional Melatonin.
Designs for Health Insomnitol is a great addition to any CBD Hemp Oil. The proprietaryblend of non-cannabis herbs and botanicals contain the calming neurotransmitter PhamaGABA, melatonin and tanquil botanicals such as passion flower.
- Combine with your favorite CBD Hemp Oil, Slumber CBN tincture or capsule, Slumber 3:1 CBD CBN tincture. Take 1-2 capsules 30 minutes before bed.
If you already have a favorite CBD Hemp Oil try our Sleep Support “Add-on” Bundle. This bundle includes our favorite products to take along with your favorite CBD Hemp oil:
Each if these products can be used in rotation with your favorite CBD hemp oil or together as needed. Everyday provides new challenges to getting a good night’s sleep so you can adjust these combinations as needed.
Still have questions. Contact our resident certified nutritionist to help you pick the product that’s right for you.