Medicinal mushrooms got their name because they contain incredibly powerful compounds that bolster health and balance the immune system. Many forms of mushrooms have been used throughout history in Ancient Chinese medicine and other Asian countries. Mushrooms contain the strongest immune-boosting substances found in nature and have developed these defenses in order to battle the same pathogens that affect both humans and animals.
Although mushrooms have long been used to promote health in humans, pet owners and practitioners and are turning to mushrooms to boost the health of dogs, cats, and other pets. Mushroom extracts probably constitute one of the most commonly used herbal supplements in veterinary medicine. Research has shown that there are a number of different chemical compounds in mushrooms that are responsible for their medicinal properties.
Mushrooms can have incredible benefits for your pet’s immune and digestive health. Mushrooms contain thousands of good enzymes, nutrients, and proteins that can combat a variety of ailments. The primary components of medicinal mushrooms are polysaccharides called beta-glucans. Beta-glucans help the body respond appropriately to various stressors, from physical to mental ailments.
In people and pets, medicinal mushrooms appear to be extremely safe. A common misconception about organic medicinal mushrooms is that they are poisonous and hallucinogenic. They are neither, occasional side effects include mild digestive upset, dry mouth, and skin rash; these effects resolve immediately upon discontinuation of use.
Earth Buddy Pet has combined the health benefits of organic medicinal mushrooms and CBD hemp oil in a convenient capsule that can be given directly or mixed in food. The organic mushrooms included in Earth Buddy capsules for dogs and cats are:
- Agarikon– Agarikon is not only a strong anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent, its extracts have also demonstrated antiviral properties.
- Cordyceps– Coredyceps mushroom are rich in phytonutrients and contain polysaccharides, which help with antioxidant properties.
- Lion’s Mane– Lion’s Mane mushrooms may offer a range of health benefits, including reduced inflammation and improved cognitive and heart health.
- Reishi– Reishi mushrooms are known as the mushrooms of immortality and have an especially amazing ability to heal and balance the body.
- Turkey Tail– Turkey Tail mushrooms contain a variety of antioxidants that promote immunity by reducing inflammation and stimulating protective compounds.