- ¾ cup tahini (or sub any paste or ‘butter’ like almond, peanut, sunflower, cashew, etc.)*
- One 300 mg bottle of Elixinol Hemp Oil Tincture or your favorite CBD hemp oil.
- ½ cup ground sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup chopped nuts – walnuts, almonds, brazils, etc.
- ½ cup dried fruit – cranberries, goji berries, raisins, etc.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
For a sweeter snack add in either a 1/8 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut, ¼ cup (or more) liquid sweetener, such as coconut blossom, maple syrup or agaveor a ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
- Grind sunflower seeds (and flaxseed if not already ground) into a meal/powder using a coffee grinder, food processor or blender.
- If using whole nuts, chop them into small pieces.
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Bring the mixture together with a spoon, and then use a fork to break up any big clumps. It’s ok if the mixture is a little on the crumbly side – it should still stick together when you press it into the balls.**
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Store in the fridge for at least 2 hours to help the flavors meld. The longer they sit, the better balance of flavor.
Makes approximately 30 bites. Each piece will have approximately 10 mg CBD. Add a larger bottle to increase the amount of CBD in each bar.
**If the mixture is too dry to form balls, add a little liquid sweetener or more nut butter.
**If you used liquid sweetener and the mixture is too wet or ‘sticky’, add a little more of the dry ingredients to bind it (almond meal, ground seeds).
Adapted from VEGANchickpea.